Question Ethernet problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdpatrick

Prominent
Jul 5, 2018
Hello, I have problems with the Internet and such that it writes me "Cable unplugged" but I do not pull anything ... Always when it writes that the cable is unplugged so it turns back on after a while and the internet goes on but it can do it 5 times a minute and it is not pleasant during playing games. It disconnects randomly. When I try diagnostics it will show an error: ethernet cable not properly plugged in or might be broken. I tried another cable but it didn't help. I tried to reinstall the drivers, update it but it didn't help. I know there's no mistake with the Internet provider. I searched the internet and a few people also had this problem.
My PC :
MSI KRAIT GAMING Z270
i7-7700K
GTX 1080 MSI Armor
16 GB RAM

Please excuse my English.

Jun 28, 2019
Hey xdpatrick, sounds like your network card may be the issue, can you attempt to ping the loopback when the network is down 127.0.0.1? If you're unable to ping the loopback your card is bad.
If you have an external network card laying around, try plugging that in and see what happens

xdpatrick

Prominent
Jul 5, 2018
I just found one thing maybe it could also help in solving my problem.
When I set the speed to 1Gbps full duplex. So the internet doesn't work and writes it Speed: not available
But my motherboard should support 1 Gbps ...
When I tried to set it up in BIOS, there is a maximum setting of 100 Mbps full duplex
https://prnt.sc/o80pyy

You should not have to force it to 1gig, auto-negotiate is default and when everything is normal, will work, BUT it sounds like things are not normal.

USE ANOTHER CABLE: another completely different cable or just a 2nd cable from the same purchase/batch? Fake cables floating out there.

I doubt is a NIC issue. NIC rarely fail, is all solid state. My first inclination is PHYSICAL CONNECTION problem.

So assuming u got a good cable, not fake, next I'd inspect the RJ45 on both ends of that cable, any bent pins? any dust balls in there? Between PC and Switch/router, is there wall wirings, specially DIY wirings involved?

U can always attempt to hook up another device here temporarily, in the same spot to discount PC#1 NIC problem. I mean there are lots of troubleshooting u can do, but we are not there to do it for you.

Wrong driver is always an issue. W10 wants W10 specific driver, no XP, no W7/8.

xdpatrick

Prominent
Jul 5, 2018
The cable is brand new, I tried 3 cables (all new buyers) and all started to write Cable unplugged. I tried to connect a laptop here and the internet worked normally.

xdpatrick

Prominent
Jul 5, 2018
And with that 1gig is a problem that doesn't even connect, which should at least be connected? (I know it didn't work for 1 gig since I got this computer, and this computer is almost 2 years old)

Status
Not open for further replies.