Question Ethernet problems

_tafpi_

Prominent
Jul 20, 2019
So i connected the ethernet cable to my pc. I played 1 game of League of Legends to test my ping and it was as good as i expected (80ms)
But when i continued playing it was disconnecting itself. That was happening every 2 minutes and the disconnect was about 10 seconds each time. But this is unplayable. When I play LoL from my laptop nothing happens (wireless connection). What is going wrong with my ethernet?

_tafpi_

Prominent
Jul 20, 2019
When i say disconnecting I mean that everything stops moving and a note saying "attempt to reconnect " appears on my screen and the enemies end up killing me while I'm afk. That's why it's unplayable

_tafpi_

Prominent
Jul 20, 2019
When you switch between wired and wireless do you disable the other network adapter?

Only one adapter (wired or wireless) should be enabled at a time. Not both.
What do u mean disable the other network adapter. I connect the router to the pc with the ethernet cable, the router in the wall socket so it gets power and i also connect a weird cable that is the same with the ethernet one but it is gray and has a special socket wall

Ralston18

Titan
There should only be one network connection be it wired or wireless.

In your case it appears that you have a wired ethernet connection between pc and router. And all other network adapters (wired or wireless) should be disabled.

You are describing two connections and that second weird cable with a special wall outlet is of immediate interest.

What port on the pc is the gray cable plugged into? Or does the gray cable connect the router to the special wall outlet?

Make and model router?

Are you able to provide photographs of the special wall outlet and/or the gray cable? What, if anything is printed on the gray cable?

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2173703/post-images-tomshardware-guide.html

One more thing:

Run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt.

_tafpi_

Prominent
Jul 20, 2019
https://images.app.goo.gl/6QCozq37F9ya7LGD9

This is a photo of the back of my routet. The gray plug is the one that the gray cable I was talking about connects with (and it says on top of it "DSL ".What does this mean?). This one has the special wall socket. The yellow plugs are the Ethernet, right? But why does the 4th plug of the ethernet says "STB" on the top of it? What does this mean?