[SOLVED] Ethernet randomly slow at times

Aug 8, 2021
This problem started happening recently with me. Before, when my PC started up, I could load YouTUbe instantly. Now that isn't the case anymore. What's weird is that this issue only affects download speed and not upload speed. When I am in-game in League of Legends, I am unaffected by the ethernet slow down. However, when the internet is slow and I leave game, my game client, along with my web browser are extremely slow.
https://prnt.sc/1l3xz8q On my network tabs, it seems my computer will have zero download speed for 5-10 minutes.

Solution
Could be some problem with the VPN software. You can test that you have a software problem by booting a portable Linux OS off a USB drive.
If you do have a software problem, your best option might be a clean OS install. These type problems can be difficult to find a root cause.

kanewolf

Titan
This problem started happening recently with me. Before, when my PC started up, I could load YouTUbe instantly. Now that isn't the case anymore. What's weird is that this issue only affects download speed and not upload speed. When I am in-game in League of Legends, I am unaffected by the ethernet slow down. However, when the internet is slow and I leave game, my game client, along with my web browser are extremely slow.
https://prnt.sc/1l3xz8q On my network tabs, it seems my computer will have zero download speed for 5-10 minutes.
You need to provide more background. What is your ISP? What speed access do you pay for? How is it connected (DSL, coax, cellular)? What network hardware do you have? Do all devices on your network have this same behavior? How many other devices are on your network?

Aug 8, 2021
You need to provide more background. What is your ISP? What speed access do you pay for? How is it connected (DSL, coax, cellular)? What network hardware do you have? Do all devices on your network have this same behavior? How many other devices are on your network?
My ISP is ATMC. I am unaware of the speed, but when I use ethernet on my laptop, it seems to work fine compared to my pc. Wireless internet works fine. I use COAX for my ethernet. I have NordVPN (NordLynx Tunnel), Realteck PCIe GbE Family Controller, and LogMeIn Hmachi Virtual Ethernet Adapter. There are probably around 4-5 devices on the network.

kanewolf

Titan
My ISP is ATMC. I am unaware of the speed, but when I use ethernet on my laptop, it seems to work fine compared to my pc. Wireless internet works fine. I use COAX for my ethernet. I have NordVPN (NordLynx Tunnel), Realteck PCIe GbE Family Controller, and LogMeIn Hmachi Virtual Ethernet Adapter. There are probably around 4-5 devices on the network.
Do you have the VPN on the laptop?

TRENDING THREADS