Question Ethernet randomly stops working for a few seconds

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
Hi, I noticed something very annoying and weird. I have good working internet, it never disconnects or something but sometimes when I'm browsing the web my ethernet just stops working. I'm still connected but the websites dont load or anything. The weird thing is inside of games this doesn't happen and I can play for as long I want. This isn't a problem with my PC I think because when I'm at my dads house I dont have that problem there. The browser I use is edge 2, I dont know what causes this problem if it's my pc or my browser or my internet, other people using ethernet in this house don't have this problem it only happens on my PC. If someone knows what this is please let me know
Thanks!

It could be DNS. The easy first test....even though I run this way all the time...is to manually set the DNS settings in IPv4 to 8.8.8.8 and/or 1.1.1.1.
DNS by default uses your router as a cache and then the router is using the ISP DNS server which tend to have more issues than say google or cloudflare.

I would also disable IPv6 support while you are in there. It can cause all kinds of strange issues and does not have much benefit. There is a only a tiny number of sites that are only IPv6

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
It could be DNS. The easy first test....even though I run this way all the time...is to manually set the DNS settings in IPv4 to 8.8.8.8 and/or 1.1.1.1.
DNS by default uses your router as a cache and then the router is using the ISP DNS server which tend to have more issues than say google or cloudflare.

I would also disable IPv6 support while you are in there. It can cause all kinds of strange issues and does not have much benefit. There is a only a tiny number of sites that are only IPv6
I've already tried changing the dns and disabling IPv6 doesnt change anything I have no idea why its doing this