Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
So i just assemble my pc today
Specs:
asus tuf z390 plus gaming mb
intel i5 9600k
msi 2070 gtx
corsair 800w gs

So i just install windows and connect the ethernet cable and it shows connected but internet doesnt work
I am using a wifi pen and update all the drives and still nothing
any help ?

Leonel Alves

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
all the drivers are updated
the ethernet was working with my old rig just this morning, so i doubt that it is router related, im using a wi fi usb stick now for internet on the computer
when i connect the ethernet cable everthing seems fine but when i try to open a browser or do anything it doesn't work
sorry for my broken english

Feb 14, 2019
This is so odd. I just built a pc on the same platform (z390 9600k) and think I am having the exact same problem ethernet shows as connected to the network, but the internet isnt there. in my experience its been very inconsistent. The internet will work (albiet at speeds 1/10th of what they ought to be) and then the next second it wont work at all, and websites will just hang. i really dont think its a driver issue; i fresh installed windows, tried using the drivers that came on the disc with the mobo and the lan driver from asus's and intel's website - no dice. i know its not a problem with the cable because my dinky laptop works just fine with it. i was just about to RMA my motherboard

TRENDING THREADS