[SOLVED] Ethernet slower than WiFi

Mar 9, 2020
I bought new modem (ZTE H267A) with new Internet provider and i got a problem, when i do an internet speed test with Ookla, the max speed is locked about at 68-72 Mbps, but through the WiFi with other devices is over 130 Mbps.

I tried the same port with the same cable at my older laptop and speed is like other devices on WiFi (130 Mbps)

So i tried to update on latest drivers, Windows and even switch every single port with other cables i had and that didn't solve the problem.

I have a MB ASUS H81 - gamer in my desktop PC with integrated network card.

Did someone have the same problem and fix it? Any ideas?

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for the answer, but I don't have ROG GameFirst installed on my PC. Any other idea?

First try doing a local file transfer on your home network to even see if the gigabit functionality is working, and if it is, then try installing Net Guard and see if there's something constantly hogging away your internet bandwidth. Since you've updated all the drivers my only thought is it could be bloatware or windows slowing you down.
Thanks for the answer, but I don't have ROG GameFirst installed on my PC. Any other idea?

First try doing a local file transfer on your home network to even see if the gigabit functionality is working, and if it is, then try installing Net Guard and see if there's something constantly hogging away your internet bandwidth. Since you've updated all the drivers my only thought is it could be bloatware or windows slowing you down.

Solution
Mar 9, 2020
Thanks for advice! I solved it. It was Windows settings. I just set Window auto-tuning level on normal (was disabled) and the speed is as on other devices. Idk why was that on disabled, but my laptop had this setting on normal. So thanks again for help and have a nice day. :)