Question Ethernet slower than Wifi

Jul 2, 2019
I just got new internet like 2 days ago 150 Mbps speed and it works fine on wifi it runs 120 download 15 upload but on my powerline ethernet adapter to my pc only running like 52 download and 11 upload does anybody know why? I have the Netgear powerline 1200 so 100 shouldn't be much hassle

Ralston18

Titan
Powerline adapters are dependent on the layout and condition of your home' electrical circuits.

However, you should be able to narrow down the possibilities:

Do you have another known working (at speed) computer that you can connect in place of your computer? Determine if the slower speed remains or changes one way or another.

Were you originally using wireless on your pc before going wired via the powerline adapters?

If so, ensure that the pc's wireless adapter is disabled. Only the wired network adapter should be enabled.

Double check the wired network adapter's configuration settings.

Try another known working, at speed, ethernet cable between pc and powerline adapter.

Do likewise on the other end; router to powerline adapter.

kanewolf

Titan
I just got new internet like 2 days ago 150 Mbps speed and it works fine on wifi it runs 120 download 15 upload but on my powerline ethernet adapter to my pc only running like 52 download and 11 upload does anybody know why? I have the Netgear powerline 1200 so 100 shouldn't be much hassle
The performance of powerline adapters is dependent on your wiring and what other devices are plugged in and generating noise on the electrical wires. You can start by ensuring your powerline adapters are plugged directly into the wall. Then go around and unplug all chargers and small transformer "wall warts". Many times those chargers or transformers generate a lot of noise back into the electrical lines. See if your performance improves.

Jul 2, 2019
The performance of powerline adapters is dependent on your wiring and what other devices are plugged in and generating noise on the electrical wires. You can start by ensuring your powerline adapters are plugged directly into the wall. Then go around and unplug all chargers and small transformer "wall warts". Many times those chargers or transformers generate a lot of noise back into the electrical lines. See if your performance improves.
Both of the adapters are plugged directly into the wall and I went around unplugging what you said and there was no differnce sadly

Jul 2, 2019
Powerline adapters are dependent on the layout and condition of your home' electrical circuits.

However, you should be able to narrow down the possibilities:

Do you have another known working (at speed) computer that you can connect in place of your computer? Determine if the slower speed remains or changes one way or another.

Were you originally using wireless on your pc before going wired via the powerline adapters?

If so, ensure that the pc's wireless adapter is disabled. Only the wired network adapter should be enabled.

Double check the wired network adapter's configuration settings.

Try another known working, at speed, ethernet cable between pc and powerline adapter.

Do likewise on the other end; router to powerline adapter.
I used my brother's laptop and got the same speed and I have been using powerline adapters for a year now and already have disabled wireless. What should I check for in the wired network adapter's configuration settings ? also changed the cables and got no difference

Ralston18

Titan
Brother's laptop: same slow speed - correct?

Wired network adapter(s) for your pc and his laptop.

Property : Speed and Duplex.

Value: Auto-negotiation

Another question: "new internet" - what was changed?

ISP, modem, router?

What devices (makes and models) do you have and how are they connected?

The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue. Who has full administrative rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

Jul 2, 2019
Brother's laptop: same slow speed - correct?

Wired network adapter(s) for your pc and his laptop.

Property : Speed and Duplex.

Value: Auto-negotiation

Another question: "new internet" - what was changed?

ISP, modem, router?

What devices (makes and models) do you have and how are they connected?

The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue. Who has full administrative rights to the router? You will need help from that person.
Yes I connected the laptop to multiple Ethernet cables and it had the around the same speed as my pc, I went from at&t to spectrum, also besides my pc only my dads iPhone 8 and brothers laptop are connected and I do I will try to find the router logs right now