[SOLVED] Ethernet socket cables

AKingy

Prominent
Mar 15, 2019
Greetings,
To start of, this is my first time posting here so excuse me if I've done anything wrong, for whatever reason.
I have a TV box 2 stories below the router and the ethernet sockets have not been installed yet so the only way I can connect it to the internet is through a WiFi range extender that is plugged in the power socket on the wall and has an ethernet cable that goes to the aforementioned TV box but since it's pretty far away from the router, it has a poor connection.
There are only two loose cables that would be the ethernet sockets so I tried putting on a RJ45 connector (the little plastic thingy) at the end of them following the two color coding that I did find. Keep in mind that I don't know any deep networking knowledge so I just went with my gut and tried anyway, of course, without any progress. My laptop doesn't detect any cabled internet coming through.
Am I missing something? Will I have to call a technician over?
Thanks in advance :)

Solution
If the house is wired for ethernet then all the wires should run back to a central location.

For wiring the rj45 end you should be using the B wire configuration. holding the plastic end with the release tab pointed to the ground the wiring from left to right should be.
orange/white
orange
green/white
blue
blue/white
green
brown/white
brown

Make sure both ends of the wire have the same wire configruation. In the central location where all the wires end up at should be a switch, everything should be plugged into that and then a wire from the switch to your modem/router
If the house is wired for ethernet then all the wires should run back to a central location.

For wiring the rj45 end you should be using the B wire configuration. holding the plastic end with the release tab pointed to the ground the wiring from left to right should be.
orange/white
orange
green/white
blue
blue/white
green
brown/white
brown

Make sure both ends of the wire have the same wire configruation. In the central location where all the wires end up at should be a switch, everything should be plugged into that and then a wire from the switch to your modem/router

Solution

TRENDING THREADS