Question Ethernet speed capped at 100 mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2023
Hello everyone!
Today, out of nowhere, I saw through Steam that my connection with the PC doesn't go beyond 100 mbps (SpeedTest). I have a connection that is supposed to go at 200mbps (as you can see) and I have both router and ethernet cable that can support it. I say this because my connection was like this (SpeedTest and Steam). I don't have another cable or another PC to test but in Wi-Fi, with the tablet, I have 170 mbps. I haven't changed anything, neither on the PC (the link speed has always remained like this) nor on the router or anything else. What can I do to fix?

kanewolf

Titan
Hello everyone!
Today, out of nowhere, I saw through Steam that my connection with the PC doesn't go beyond 100 mbps (SpeedTest). I have a connection that is supposed to go at 200mbps (as you can see) and I have both router and ethernet cable that can support it. I say this because my connection was like this (SpeedTest and Steam). I don't have another cable or another PC to test but in Wi-Fi, with the tablet, I have 170 mbps. I haven't changed anything, neither on the PC (the link speed has always remained like this) nor on the router or anything else. What can I do to fix?
You need a new cable. That is the cause 99% of the time.

Reactions: Richj444

Ralston18

Titan
@WimP

You have posted to a six month old ("necro") thread.

Please start a new thread and include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include make and model information for modem, router, and modem/router if combined.

Closing this thread to further posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.