Ethernet stops working until I re-plug the cable.

beganovicdenis3

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017
Hello.
I've been having the issue mentioned in the title for about 2 days now. So, to describe the issue: I'm watching YouTube or playing videogames and what happens is all of the sudden, the connection stops working. I proceed to reach towards my IO panel, plug the ethernet cable out of the socket and plug it back in. After that, the connection starts working perfectly, until it stops working at least. The intervals in which this issue occurred were 30 minutes at first, now down to only 5-10 minutes.
What I've done so far:
Ran network troubleshooting, didn't do anything at all.
Restarted the router.
Completely reset the router (factory reset).
The router I'm using: ASUS RT-N11P
Another thing that might be worth mentioning is that there are 3 routers currently running from the same modem, the ASUS router that my computer is connected to being one of them.
If anyone has any ideas/solutions I'd highly appreciate them.

Thank you for your time,
Unbound

Solution
Are these 3 routers all acting as routers or are two of them setup in switch mode and only one router is actually performing router duties? Makes me think you are getting an conflicting IP address problem.

For a test if you remove the other two routers from your network does the problem go away?
Are these 3 routers all acting as routers or are two of them setup in switch mode and only one router is actually performing router duties? Makes me think you are getting an conflicting IP address problem.

For a test if you remove the other two routers from your network does the problem go away?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS