Ethernet to Wifi bridges

Feb 18, 2018
We currently have a wireless network in our home. My wife uses a "wifi only" tablet at the opposite end of the house from where the wireless router is located. She currently has a less than adequate connection. I am hardwired and to the router and get about 100 mb/sec and she gets about 15mb/sec with the tablet. I wish to run an ethernet cable from the router location to the opposite end of the house. I am trying to find a device to convert from an ethernet hardwired connection to wifi only. Can someone please help? Thank you.

What you are looking for is called a AP. Although you can buy dedicated access points any inexpensive router can use as one. Some have a feature to bridge and make it into a AP but a simple search of how to use a router as a ap will get you hundreds of hits.

Jun 4, 2018
The device used to convert Ethernet to wireless (WiFi) is called a "Wireless bridge", "Wireless Ethernet bridge", or "Wireless Ethernet converter". If you have an Ethernet capable LabJack device, like a T7 or UE9, and you need to connect it to an existing wireless network, get a wireless bridge.

Router - Provides gateway/firewall for the internet.
Routes traffic from each PC or other device on a local network to the appropriate location. Most routers can also act as a DHCP server, which allows them to grant IP addresses for DHCP enabled network devices. If it is a wireless router, it also includes a wireless access point which creates a WiFi network that has a name (SSID), password, and a type of encryption (WPA, WPA2, WEP, etc).

Wireless Bridge - Connects to a Wireless Access Point.

Wireless Access Point (AP) - Creates a WiFi network that has a name (SSID), and password.

Setting up a Wireless Bridge
Most of the time there are instructions included with the bridge, or router, or wireless access point (being configured as a bridge) on how to perform setup, but below is a general description of the process.

Connect a computer to one of the LAN Ethernet ports on the back of the bridge/router/AP.

Note: Do not use a port labeled as WAN, or Internet.

Launch a web browser and enter one of the following in the browser's address bar. Alternatively, use the software CD that comes with the bridge/router/AP.
Bridge/router/AP default IP address, e.g. "192.168.1.1"
You are prompted to log in.
Enter the username and password.
Defaults are commonly admin/admin, or admin/password.
If the device is configurable, go through the menus and select the options to make it act as a bridge. For routers this means you should disable the DHCP server, and disable the AP functionality. For configurable wireless access points, do not use ad-hoc mode, client mode, repeater mode, or AP mode. Make sure to use bridge mode.
Select the desired WiFi network by Name or enter it manually, then enter the WiFi Password. Save or apply the changes.
The device should now be configured to work as a wireless bridge

To know more read at https://zappedia.com/wifi-to-ethernet-bridge/