[SOLVED] Ethernet to wireless issues

Aug 14, 2019
Hello there, so I recently upgraded to a 500mb 5ghz network from a 2.4mhz 100mb. I used an ethernet cable limited to 100mb and had ok internet, but then when I upgraded my internet to 500mb I got a wireless pcie adapter that supports up to 1200mhz from dlink. The problem is that then my download speed was 100mbps and now its 10mbps any fixes this is supposed to work ok at least.

Solution
Not sure about the performance information you are providing.

First: 5 GHz may have a faster speed than 2.4 GHz but not necessary the range. And other environmental factors could further reduce the performance with respect to using 5 GHz.

Second: Wireless is inherently slower than wired.

Third: Even if you have ethernet cables, the network performance is likely to be limited to that of the slowest component.

Update your post to include make and model information for all network devices: Modem, router, wireless pc adapter

Provide a line diagram showing how everything is connected: For example:

ISP ---coax--> Modem ---Ethernet--->[WAN]Router [LAN]---Ethernet --> PC and ~Wireless> Wireless devices.

The computer with the...

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure about the performance information you are providing.

First: 5 GHz may have a faster speed than 2.4 GHz but not necessary the range. And other environmental factors could further reduce the performance with respect to using 5 GHz.

Second: Wireless is inherently slower than wired.

Third: Even if you have ethernet cables, the network performance is likely to be limited to that of the slowest component.

Update your post to include make and model information for all network devices: Modem, router, wireless pc adapter

Provide a line diagram showing how everything is connected: For example:

ISP ---coax--> Modem ---Ethernet--->[WAN]Router [LAN]---Ethernet --> PC and ~Wireless> Wireless devices.

The computer with the DLINK PCIe adapter being one of the wireless devices.

Solution