[SOLVED] Ethernet Unidentified Network - Windows 10

Hazard93

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
Hello all.

I've experienced this problem before, but no I can't seem to get around it at all. All other devices in the house are working perfectly, wireless and wired. My PC however, is working on wireless, but not wired.

I've tried rebooting the Home-Hub, disabling and enabling my connection on the PC, running resets in CMD, resetting my powerline adapter, and changing ethernet cables, and finally changing to a set IP etc, instead of automatically. None of which have worked. I'm not in my Home-Hub control centre, and I'm about to reset the Hub back to factory settings.

Any suggestions on this, would be gratefully appreciated. Pulling my hair out right now!

Thanks,
Grant.

Solution
Question: "My PC however, is working on wireless, but not wired."

By that you mean the PC works when configured for wireless network connectivity and does not work with wired network connectivity. With only one adapter, either wireless or wired, being enabled at any given time. Not both adapters enabled.

Ralston18

Titan

By that you mean the PC works when configured for wireless network connectivity and does not work with wired network connectivity. With only one adapter, either wireless or wired, being enabled at any given time. Not both adapters enabled.

Solution

Hazard93

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014

Not what I meant, obviously using both adapters at once isn't going to work. What I meant was, I was able to connect to the internet via wireless, but when trying to use a wired connection, I was get ''Unidentified Network''.

Thankfully, I've found the issue. The powerline adapter I was using has become faulty. I had another powerline that I was using to get a wired connection into the garage, I used that, and everything worked fine.

Now to buy a new powerline for this room!