Question Ethernet Unidentified network Windows 10

ThatBoyo

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
Hey all. 3 days ago my ethernet randomly cut out and gave me the supposed “unintentified network” and “ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration”. Going further it said that the IPv4 and IPv6 had no connection, either.

I’ve done pretty much all of the fixes suggested to me like IPv4 properties changes, cmd commands (flush dns and reset etc) and even reinstalled my driver. The ethernet I’m using is the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller, if that helps!

Any suggestions are welcome! (if it turns out I need to buy a new one or something that’s fine!)

edit: I have had a problem similar to this before, but it was easily fixed that time, not so much now :/

Mattp2017

Honorable
Jan 25, 2017
Hey all. 3 days ago my ethernet randomly cut out and gave me the supposed “unintentified network” and “ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration”. Going further it said that the IPv4 and IPv6 had no connection, either.

I’ve done pretty much all of the fixes suggested to me like IPv4 properties changes, cmd commands (flush dns and reset etc) and even reinstalled my driver. The ethernet I’m using is the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller, if that helps!

Any suggestions are welcome! (if it turns out I need to buy a new one or something that’s fine!)

edit: I have had a problem similar to this before, but it was easily fixed that time, not so much now :/

In your firewall are you connected to the private or public network?