Question ethernet wall jack not working

May 29, 2019
I moved back home for the summer between semesters of college and the internet at home is very bad because 5 people are using it. i recently discovered all of our rooms have an Ethernet wall port, but every single one except for the one in our computer room does not work, i went around the house with my laptop and tested everyone. The only one that works in the whole house in the computer room is connected to our router so i can not just steal that jack as everyone else would not have internet. The one port that works also has another port directly above it on the same socket and it too does not work. The only port that works seems to be directly connected into the router then goes into the ceiling and most likley is connected to the port that works im assuming. Our modem is connected to a box in our basement that is supposed to help with distributing the internet, and is where everything else is plugged in. Even with all wires plugged none of the wall ports work. any help is appreciated, and will provide pictures if necessary