Question Ethernet/WiFi problems

Sep 8, 2020
In the last week or two, I have been getting from 200-400 ping, depending on the game. It happened after my dog chewed up my Ethernet cord, so I got a new one. Before she chewed it up, I had no wifi problems. In the time before I got another Ethernet, my WiFi was terrible. I got another Ethernet cord, but I am still getting lots of ping. In speedtest.com, though, I am getting the same ping I was before my cord was broke. I haven't downloaded anything recently, and I haven't done any changes to my computer.

Jul 31, 2020
Assuming you mean that a ping (to where?) takes 200-400 milliseconds to return, the problem could be the cable you bought. If you are using gigabit (Gb) Ethernet, the Category 5e cabling will work, 6 is better and 7 will prepare you for 10 Gb Ethernet. Category 5 cabling should also work, but I have seen problems with it. Depending on length, you can buy a good cable (6) usually for less than $5 and certainly less than $10 from a major supplier (such as Amazon, Newegg, or Walmart) and have it sent to you in a few days.

Sep 8, 2020
Assuming you mean that a ping (to where?) takes 200-400 milliseconds to return, the problem could be the cable you bought. If you are using gigabit (Gb) Ethernet, the Category 5e cabling will work, 6 is better and 7 will prepare you for 10 Gb Ethernet. Category 5 cabling should also work, but I have seen problems with it. Depending on length, you can buy a good cable (6) usually for less than $5 and certainly less than $10 from a major supplier (such as Amazon, Newegg, or Walmart) and have it sent to you in a few days.
Ill tell you my results when I get a category 7 ethernet cord, which is getting here soon.