[SOLVED] Ethernet&Wireless connection stability problem, ISP says their system shows no problems.

Jun 11, 2020
Hello everyone, please watch the following video regarding my problem:

Okay, so the Groovy bot here on discord represents the voice of people whenever i talk with anyone on discord or messenger or any voice calls program. And as you can see in the video the "interrupting" in the voices always comes with a "Request timed out" while pinging. This is not only about voice calls, this is just the easiest example to let you understand the ping spikes/packet loss i'm having. In fact this is making everything i do online impossible, gaming for example is not an option since i get a huge ping spike that lasts for 5 seconds in the middle of the game and happens every short duration.

This happens randomly at any time at any rates, like it could happen once in 5 minutes or up to 6 times in ONE minute. Sometimes I feel it depends on the time of the day and peak hours, as it happens in very low rates after 2AM to 10AM, but again sometimes in day time it goes really good for maybe an hour and then collapses again. But even if it's about peak hours, i should only "lag" and it should happens for longer periods, not random small ping spikes and then it goes back to normal! I'm getting my full Download/Upload speeds from my ISP but i don't really care about that because my internet isn't usable.

I've read the thread about how to ask for help and I'd like to mention some things:
-ISP says their service is perfectly delivered to me and their "system" shows no problems regarding my landline.
-I'm hundred percent sure that this is not a software issue as i tried it on both my new 2020 Dell laptop and my old one and EVERY device in my house.
-Happens on both Wireless and Ethernet, tried to connect my router directly to the cable coming from outside to my house, excuse me for my simple language i don't know what it's called.
-My router is the Huawei HG630 V2, just bought it 3 months ago and uh btw i've been having this problem for over 6 months now so i'm guessing it's also not about the router.
-I'm not sure what connection type is but i'm guessing DSL?
-This happens at all times either when i'm the only connected device to my router or when i have all my family members online.

I've been struggling hard to find a solution for so long now and my ISP customer service can't understand my issue and actually the fact that i'm from Egypt,they don't want to help you they would just tell you that it's not their problem when they can't figure out an answer. All they said that everything was perfect from their side, and until now i'm trying to understand what am i supposed to do from my side. I even asked them that with no useful answer. I'd be grateful to anyone took the time to read my problem and tried to help

Solution
Good, one of these worked. Send the packetlosstest result to your isp. I bet your ISP is over subscribed (because why not charge as many people as you can and give no Fs about what type of service they get?), and one way to test this is to run the packetlosstest again when everyone is asleep and the local traffic should be much, much less. If you have less packet loss at that time, or nearly zero, then it's over subscriptions plain and simple.

Based on your router, your Internet seems to be some form of DSL. DSL can be very easily messed up by bad signals so check the wiring all the way from the router to the source and check for water, dirt, corrosion, cuts, tension, or anything else that would be less than ideal for the wire...
Jun 11, 2020
Yep, bad customer service--hate that part of the world because of the crap they try to pull.

Run the freeola line test (not speed test) and packetlosstest.com and see what the results are. This will start to provide some documentation.
Freeola test failed;
Your connection is blocking our test
Unfortunately the line test has failed to complete, due to 100% packet loss. This means that no response was received from your internet connection via the ping requests we send. The most likely cause of this problem is a firewall on your connection is set to block ping (ICMP echo) requests. A firewall may be installed on your computer as software, or built into your router (if you use a router to connect to the internet), therefore 100% packet loss does not mean there is necessarily a problem with your line or internet connection.

And the packet loss test isn't stable at all, sometimes it's 0% packet loss and then i test again and it's 3% and i'm sure if i keep testing it will go up, this is the most strange thing i've seen and i'm really sick of it i don't know what to do

Jun 11, 2020
Sorry for double posting i couldn't edit my last reply for some reason,

I extended the test time and this is the result:
b91dfd04e8.png

Good, one of these worked. Send the packetlosstest result to your isp. I bet your ISP is over subscribed (because why not charge as many people as you can and give no Fs about what type of service they get?), and one way to test this is to run the packetlosstest again when everyone is asleep and the local traffic should be much, much less. If you have less packet loss at that time, or nearly zero, then it's over subscriptions plain and simple.

Based on your router, your Internet seems to be some form of DSL. DSL can be very easily messed up by bad signals so check the wiring all the way from the router to the source and check for water, dirt, corrosion, cuts, tension, or anything else that would be less than ideal for the wire.

If the wire is perfect and the speeds are perfect at night, contact your ISP about this--they will probably not want the truth to get out and will fix the issue for you only. If they blow you off, just stop paying and find something else because they definitely have an issue with dropouts.

Reactions: lulmemo
Solution
Jun 11, 2020

Based on your router, your Internet seems to be some form of DSL. DSL can be very easily messed up by bad signals so check the wiring all the way from the router to the source and check for water, dirt, corrosion, cuts, tension, or anything else that would be less than ideal for the wire.

If the wire is perfect and the speeds are perfect at night, contact your ISP about this--they will probably not want the truth to get out and will fix the issue for you only. If they blow you off, just stop paying and find something else because they definitely have an issue with dropouts.
Thank you so much for your time, I've come to a realization that my ISP is the problem and maybe some bad wiring because packet loss at night is much much less than regular day times. I canceled my subscription with them and will subscribe to Vodafone I guess you know it, if the same problem occurs then it's definitely a wiring problem because everything else is perfect. Thanks again for helping me I really appreciate it.