Question Ethernet won’t connect to internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2022
I just built a new PC, i installed windows 10 home and during setup it asked to connect to network, i plugged in my ethernet and it wasn’t connecting. i finished the setup with out internet but still cannot connect to the internet. In the windows network & internet settings it says “no internet access”. When i troubleshoot the issue it says “‘ethernet’ doesn’t have a valid IP configuration”. it seems to me that the ethernet driver is installed but for some reason isn’t connecting.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I just built a new PC, i installed windows 10 home and during setup it asked to connect to network, i plugged in my ethernet and it wasn’t connecting. i finished the setup with out internet but still cannot connect to the internet. In the windows network & internet settings it says “no internet access”. When i troubleshoot the issue it says “‘ethernet’ doesn’t have a valid IP configuration”. it seems to me that the ethernet driver is installed but for some reason isn’t connecting.
Where is the ethernet cable plugged into? Is it directly plugged into the router or is there a switch or other hardware? It sounds like it isn’t being assigned an IP address by the router. Have you been able to test it with another computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.