[SOLVED] Ethernet work, but wireless sometimes

PachiMc

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
Hi, I am having troubles with my network in home. I live in Argentina and have 100Mbps of download with a router ASUS of 300Mbps, the internet work fine at good speed but sometimes in random points the internet stop working in my pc and have to restart my wi fi adapter ( not the router, only pc part) or refresh my ip/dns by right clicking on the red and choose solve problems, what could be causing this? And how to solve it ? If i use Ethernet the internet never stop working, my isp is dynamic ip btw, thanks

Solution
Can't be a ISP problem because ethernet works. It is not even likely your router. You would need to test with a second device and see if it also has wifi problems. Then it might be the wifi chip in the router but if it is only your PC and you have replaced all the drivers you are left with having to replace the wifi nic unfortunately.
Has to be a bug of some kind. Your only real option is to try different drivers for the nic card in your PC. You want to get these from the wifi board manufacture or the chipset vendor that makes the wifi chips on your device. The default ones Microsoft loads with windows tend to have more issues than ones directly from the vendors.

If this does not work then you start to consider it is hardware issue causing it.

PachiMc

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017

Yes but I already have the last driver from the motherboard web and wireless adapter, maybe is a problem of my isp and the up?

Can't be a ISP problem because ethernet works. It is not even likely your router. You would need to test with a second device and see if it also has wifi problems. Then it might be the wifi chip in the router but if it is only your PC and you have replaced all the drivers you are left with having to replace the wifi nic unfortunately.

Solution