Question Ethyl alcohol.

wizacs

Reputable
Jan 19, 2020
I have to clean my CPU from the thermal paste, and I don't have isopropyl alcohol, can I use denaturated ethyl alcohol 90%?

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Use a Qtip and the least amount of Ethyl as you can, as stated above it dries slower and leaves a residue so wipe off the excess. Baby wipes also will do the trick since they are made up almost entirely of distilled water, you just wiped off what is left with a clean cloth or paper towel.

Reactions: wizacs

wizacs

Reputable
Jan 19, 2020
Use a Qtip and the least amount of Ethyl as you can, as stated above it dries slower and leaves a residue so wipe off the excess. Baby wipes also will do the trick since they are made up almost entirely of distilled water, you just wiped off what is left with a clean cloth or paper towel.
I mean, I could wait some minutes before applying the new thermal paste.

wizacs

Reputable
Jan 19, 2020
I also have a microfibre cloth, I think that it doesn't leave residues, paper might leave them.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

TRENDING THREADS