Eurocom AIO PC Has a Built-In Battery Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolitic

Distinguished
May 10, 2012
It's about time people start putting uninterrupted PSU's in computers. Almost every computer should have backup battery in case of power failure or the like.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
The more I hear about TPM the less I like it. Numerous people have pointed out how the government can put bad stuff in it that can allow them to 'hijack' your computer at their slightest whim.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
TPM was hacked already (2009/2010 IIRC, demo at blackhat I think etc), so I have no faith in that really without some deep convincing. Besides when Intel or MS say trust me (trusted platform module, bitlocker etc), I say, ok...wait for them to turn their back and disable whatever they tell you to trust (kind of like when govt. says "trust us, it will be good for you"). I trust my security to companies that live or die by that trust (they don't do much but security only). If an AV company screws up they are pretty dead. MS could weather tons of issues (xbox1 for instance with DRM crap). The huge companies have the money to try to scam you, & if it doesn't work [or they get caught] they have time to fix it since you can't go away from windows (yet). They also have the time to wait for you to get over it. MS downplayed Bitlocker hack also. Defcon 20 (2013) has a whole vid on TPM hacks. Christopher Tarnovsky hacked it back in 2010 I think and still giving speeches on it as of 2013 (maybe this year too).

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/2010/02/10/tpm-security-cracked-wide-open/1
Cracking the INFINEON chip Intel uses, which they also own anyway, so really just Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.