Eurocom M5 Pro Laptop Sports Nvidia GeForce Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynic77

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
Instead of just posting this press release, can you guys write a new article about the new 3K/4K gaming laptops? Sager released the NP8651, which the awesome XOTIC PC is now reselling. This Eurocom model would appear to be based off the Sager given its 4k (UHD) screen, M.2 SSDs (1x PCIe), 4710HQ CPU, etc. (There are subtle differences that could mean it's based off something different.) Origin PC has also made a 4k screen an option for their EVO15-S. 3k or 4k may not be ready for primetime for various reasons, especially in the laptop space, but it's coming... Right now it seems we're stuck with either a high-res screen with low performance components (relatively speaking) or an old low-res screen with high performance components (with the weight to show for it). It would be nice to get more of a hybrid, wouldn't it? It would also be nice if someone would cover this with some future insight from the manufacturers/vendors vs. simply reporting what's already been released (or about to be). I realize no one wants to tip off their competitors or violate NDAs, but there’s got to be more info out there.

Christopher Ricks

Reputable
Nov 12, 2014
The Sager, Eurocom and many other brands (such as Metabox) are all based on the same Clevo chassis.

At present, there is seemingly no way to get one of these featuring a GTX 980 before the end of November (I've asked Eurocom, Sager, Metabox and others).

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
I like the size and available GTX980M with the widescreen option. I have been waiting for Razer to release a 9XX series upgrade but so far just crickets singing.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
...even with a GTX980M powering this laptop, you will still be lucky to get playable framerates @ 4K resolutions. Two GTX970M or GTX980M cards running in SLI will be required for that. Food for thought before you leap.

Status
Not open for further replies.