Eurocom Unlocks BIOS In Tornado F5 Gaming Laptop For Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
LOL, the BIOS i'm sure will be free forever on the internet..

(what do you mean I can’t overclock my K-series CPU?). --> I wonder how successful people are at returning their gaming/workstation laptops when they discover they cannot overclock their unlocked CPU? You'd think the laptop manufactures would figure out not be dumb like this.

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
Wonder how much thermal headroom there is with a 7700K fully utilized with seti@home or Prime95, etc. If only 1 fan is cooling it, not dual..

I don't think there is much, most likely throttling, but I also don't think it's truly important for most people. Most workloads (Especially those to be applied to a high end laptop) will generate a lot less heat than those, even at 100% cpu usage. A cpu intensive multiplayer game could be a lot better test for this.

Flex_Thrust

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017
As an owner of this laptop I don't even need the "unlocked" BIOS for this laptop to overclock my K CPU with Intel XTU. There are also other ways to gain access to overclocking the CPU via the BIOS without this unlock.

The laptop is a real desktop replacement and matches desktop performance on a 1:1 level.

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
Flex_Thrust, you can overclock as far or nearly as far with Intel XTU as u could in the BIOS? It makes sense. By other ways you mean a BIOS mod? Awesome. If only they could make a 6.5 pound 17" version

Usman_16

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017
laptop can be easily overclock with xtu or ts, u dont really need unlock bios for this unless u want to change memory timings/clock.
is probably the smallest 1080gtx laptop, with de-liding and using Collaboratory-liquid ultra and some undervolting one can do 4.6-4.8 easily for daily use and with decent temps.
im running my 6700k @4.4 without de-lid and stays below 85c in cpu intensive games or during unity baking(it uses cpu 100% for many hours), using custom fan curve.

Usman_16

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017
@ANBELLO262 - this aint razor blade or alienware, it never throttle not even for split seconds even with my 6700k @4400mhz, and i do alot of baking in unity for more thn 6 hours some time more thn continuous 18 hours with full 100% cpu utilization and temps remain with 86-87c with fan at around ~90%.

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
@Usman_16. 4.6GHZ all cores prime95 and not throttle, wow amazing in a 'light weight' laptop such as this. Can be 100% stable when undervolted at that clockspeed? It is a very light overclock. Fans must move a lot of air.
Tried Liquid Ultra in my old laptop, the thermal compound would wear out after a year or so, had to redo twice before switching to another brand.

Would be nice if they made a 17" Tornado but suppose their other 17" laptops are similar

Status
Not open for further replies.