I was recently able to buy EU1 really cheap, and because of recommendations
here, I did. And it is a really great game. I have one question, however:

Is there a good way to prevent revolts? A Chief Judge is rumoured to help,
but it seems to reduce the chance by only 1%, which doesn't really help.
Besides, it looks like often the city itself revolts too, and that
interrupts this long construction time. A Governor? Need more
Infrastructure for that. Stability? Again, not more than 1%. So, is
there a way to stop my provinces from rebelling? I currently have huge
armies patrolling the Crimea (annexed a couple of years ago), and the
chances of revolt in those provinces are all 9%, and it just won't stop.

Religion perhaps? Is there anything I can do about that? MTW had those
wandering priests and bishops, does EU have anything similar?

mcv.

In article <427a19d5$0$163$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>,
mcv <mcvmcv@xs4all.nl> wrote:

>I was recently able to buy EU1 really cheap, and because of recommendations
>here, I did. And it is a really great game. I have one question, however:
>
>Is there a good way to prevent revolts? A Chief Judge is rumoured to help,
>but it seems to reduce the chance by only 1%, which doesn't really help.
>Besides, it looks like often the city itself revolts too, and that
>interrupts this long construction time. A Governor? Need more
>Infrastructure for that. Stability? Again, not more than 1%. So, is
>there a way to stop my provinces from rebelling? I currently have huge
>armies patrolling the Crimea (annexed a couple of years ago), and the
>chances of revolt in those provinces are all 9%, and it just won't stop.

It's been a while so I am a bit rusty. However:

You want to have high Stability. If you're not at +2 or +3, you may
want to work to get there - by not declaring wars without reason, by
getting out of prolonged wars and by investing money in stability.

If these provinces were captured relatively recently, you might have
nationalists adding up to +3% to revolt chance. This must simply be
weathered - it will drop by 1% every 10 (?) years.

You will want to stamp out active revolts going on around your
provinces as neighbouring rebels add to the %age. Send in the troops
the sooner the better.

>Religion perhaps? Is there anything I can do about that? MTW had those
>wandering priests and bishops, does EU have anything similar?

Adjust your religious tolerance levels. Check what the religion of the
revolting provinces is and make your nation more tolerant of that
religion.

Any single thing you do is unlikely to reduce revolt chance by much
more than 1% in the short term - there likely is no silver bullet to
solve your problem (with the possible exception of religious
tolerance). You need to attack it from multiple angles so as to add up
those 1% improvements into something that makes a difference.

Cheers
Bent D
--
Bent Dalager - bcd@pvv.org - http://www.pvv.org/~bcd