News European Retailers Slap Premiums on Nvidia RTX 4080 Graphics Cards

D

Deleted member 14196

Sure they’ve got to get in on the price gouging don’t you see?

as long as people are willing to pay for it I guess they’ll take it

It’s just like in Glengarry Glen Ross when Blake says, “they’re sitting there waiting to give you their money, are you going to take it? Are you man enough to take it?” (if you haven’t seen that movie, I highly suggest it.)

PlaneInTheSky

Commendable
BANNED
Oct 3, 2022
Prices of US goods in Europe are crazy due to the strong $. Many shops in Europe simply don't even import 4090 or 4080. Shops know there's a high chance they won't be able to sell them.

Another problem for these power hungry GPU in Europe, is the high energy prices in Europe. I would not even want to use a 4080 or 4090 even if the GPU was free, the electricity bill would be too costly.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdragon
Prices of US goods in Europe are crazy due to the strong $. Many shops in Europe simply don't even import 4090 or 4080. Shops know there's a high chance they won't be able to sell them.

Another problem for these power hungry GPU in Europe, is the high energy prices in Europe. I would not even want to use a 4080 or 4090 even if the GPU was free, the electricity bill would be too costly.
Europe did this to themselves. They love their VAT and green energy thing.

D

Deleted member 2928070

Europe did this to themselves. They love their VAT and green energy thing.
You're either joking or the most brain dead person I've seen in the past week. Anyway, you get a good boy brownie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 1, 2020
It's called "capitalism". nVidia and AMD are charging insane prices, and AIBs and retailers the premiums on top of that, because they're able to. All it would take is people not buying them and the prices would be lower, but enough people are willing to pay the asking price so they keep them high.

Reactions: Skias
D

Deleted member 14196

Exactly this is capitalism and they are salesman like these giys

View: https://youtu.be/elrnAl6ygeM

“They’re sitting there waiting to give you their money! “

And if people would just stop, the madness would cease. However, there’s just too many people that want to give them their money.

Nvidia has a rabid following and the gamers will pay anything apparently

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 15, 2022
It's called "capitalism". nVidia and AMD are charging insane prices, and AIBs and retailers the premiums on top of that, because they're able to. All it would take is people not buying them and the prices would be lower, but enough people are willing to pay the asking price so they keep them high.
Unthil den there gonna be so many peopel who don't care about price this gonna go hier and hier!

TRENDING THREADS