Question Even after shutdown CPU fan processor fan keep running

Jul 19, 2019
System Info- window7 ultimate 64 bits
AMD Sempron (tm)145 2.8GHz
2GB RAM
Motherboard-Digilite
Bios version- N68-VS3 FX L1.60C
My cpu ,processor fan and power button light keep running indefinitely.
I tried a lot,Watched video on the issue.i have tried changing SMPS , removed CMOS battery,bios reset to default,checked power button option in control panel,tried editing registry according to a youtube video..etc...but couldn't help...i had to unplug cpu cable to power off my system...please help..what is happening to my cpu? 😒

By what method are you shutting down? Are you selecting "Shut down" from the start menu, or hitting the power button. Under windows sometimes the power button can mean "hibernate" or "Deep sleep" You need to check your power plan advanced settings to determine the power button action.

Windows for a while tried to migrate away power downs, and instead restore from a deep hibernate sleep because it was faster booting and shutting down that way. I think they reversed course on this default behavior for stability reasons.

Jul 19, 2019
I used both ways
By what method are you shutting down? Are you selecting "Shut down" from the start menu, or hitting the power button. Under windows sometimes the power button can mean "hibernate" or "Deep sleep" You need to check your power plan advanced settings to determine the power button action.

Windows for a while tried to migrate away power downs, and instead restore from a deep hibernate sleep because it was faster booting and shutting down that w
How old is your motherboard? Sounds like it might be dying.
i think it is old enough..lol
ay. I think they reversed course on this default behavior for stability reasons.

to shut down