Evening calls

boe

When do evenings begin for Verizon? Do they have a plan that features
earlier evening calling?

Thank you

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 04:14:16 GMT, "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote:

>When do evenings begin for Verizon?

I don't know when evenings begin, but nights begin at 9:00PM local
time.:) Some old plans (especially out west) may still have 8:00PM
night start times, but you won't find a current VZW plan like that.

>Do they have a plan that features
>earlier evening calling?

No, not anymore.

"boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When do evenings begin for Verizon? Do they have a plan that features
> earlier evening calling?
>
> Thank you

On new plans it is 9PM weeknights and all weekend, however, most of my
friends and family have verizon phones, and with the unlimited in-network
calling to other verizon users, you can call free 24 hours a day 7 days a
week. Even with the old Mobile to Mobile you could call anytime of the day
to other verizon users. So essentially, from your question, the answer would
be that they DO have plans that feature not only earlier evening, but at any
time of day or night calling, to other verizon customers, and/or on family
share plans, you can also call people on your shareplan anytime of the day
or night.

While not a scientific survey, my last bill shows 2267 minutes in-network,
and 187 not, and out of that, 36 were prime time minutes and the rest (151)
where free after 9PM to non verizon users.

Seems to me you only need earlier start times, if the other provider has so
few customers, that you would have to pay for the call if they didn't make
it free.

You may want to modify that question to be do they have plans that feature
calling NON Verizon customers earlier? :)

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When do evenings begin for Verizon? Do they have a plan that features
> earlier evening calling?

I have found that my plan minutes usage has gone down and my total usage is
a lot higher since IN network was included on my newest plan. You can call
other VZW customers any time of the day.

> Thank you

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 04:14:16 GMT, "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote:

>When do evenings begin for Verizon? Do they have a plan that features
>earlier evening calling?
>
>Thank you

The evening calls begin at 9:01 PM. Depending on your calling area a
call beginning at 9:00 PM may be billed entirely as a peak call.

Currently there is no plan which begins earlier.

boe

Thanks for the input.

"George" <george@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > When do evenings begin for Verizon? Do they have a plan that features
> > earlier evening calling?
>

> I have found that my plan minutes usage has gone down and my total usage
is
> a lot higher since IN network was included on my newest plan. You can call
> other VZW customers any time of the day.
>

> > Thank you

boe

thanks

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:54:39 GMT, Teddeli <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>The evening calls begin at 9:01 PM. Depending on your calling area a
>call beginning at 9:00 PM may be billed entirely as a peak call.

AFAIK, that's the case everywhere.

And likewise, a call beginning at 6:59 AM (the last minute of off
peak) is entirely off peak.

That is entirely market- or billing system-dependent. In some,
if not most markets, calls that cross from Peak to Off-Peak, or
vice-versa, are billed as a "Spanned Call", and are billed only
to their proper day part. I have an 8pm start time, but if I
want to call someone earlier, I can make the call with the
confidence that should the conversation run longer than intended,
I will only be charged for that time used previous to the start
of Off-Peak time. The only way to tell for sure is to make a
spanned call and check your bill or online usage report.

Say I'd like to call Mom, a non-Verizon user, and I would not
mind if some of that time spent talking to her, say 10 minutes or
so, also went to Peak time, I would go ahead and call at 7:50pm
(since my Off-Peak begins at 8pm). Then I would not once look at
the clock knowing that the call would only 'cost' mean 10 'real'
minutes. Also, I would be foolish to get up at 5:50am (since my
Off-peak ends at 6:00am), to make a long call to someone, even if
it's only 7:50 on the east coast. And starting your call a bit
before your (and most other customers') Off-Peak start time, you
have a slighty better chance of getting and holding a channel at
the cell site. But, as I mentioned first, the Spanned call
billing MAY not be available in all markets. It is here.

Bill Radio
http://www.mountainwireless.com

> >The evening calls begin at 9:01 PM. Depending on your calling
area a
> >call beginning at 9:00 PM may be billed entirely as a peak
call.

A call made at 21:00 will be a non night call. At 21:01 it is a night call.

From the VZW website.....

In article <10g91fesb6rsgcc@corp.supernews.com>,
Bill Radio <Wireless@MountainWirelessNOSPAN.com> wrote:
>That is entirely market- or billing system-dependent. In some,
>if not most markets, calls that cross from Peak to Off-Peak, or
>vice-versa, are billed as a "Spanned Call", and are billed only
>to their proper day part. I have an 8pm start time, but if I
>want to call someone earlier, I can make the call with the
>confidence that should the conversation run longer than intended,
>I will only be charged for that time used previous to the start
>of Off-Peak time. The only way to tell for sure is to make a
>spanned call and check your bill or online usage report.

I have seen this spanned-call behavior on my bill (SF Bay area,
California). There is a rate-period code which specifically says
"spanned call", and behaves as described above.