Question EVENT 157 Disk surprised removed

Spangles

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
So i had 2 hds crash on me in december. I replaced them with 2 ssds and all working ok or so i thought.

Wind on to now and after an odd crash i check the event manager and can see disk warnings in a near daily basis going back to when i replaced the drives. The warnings are all event 157 disk surprised removed.

The bit that is throwing me off at the moment is i have 5 drives in my system, none of them are going missing. The events always refer to disks numbered 6 right up to 13. Sometimes ill have iust one event posted, sometimes several of these numbers. When the disks its warning me about dont exist what can i do next.

My system is a 4th gen i7 on an Asrock pro4 mb. The only thing on my mind is motherboard fail but any guidance would be appreciated from anyone with any experience of this.

Spangles

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
The only thing ive been regularly connecting or disconnecting physically via usb has been a logitech steering wheel. My usbs are split between keyboard, mouse, rift, drawing tab and a usb starter key to log me in to windows. I dont have any external storage apart from the starter key. Just remembered the rift s was new at the same time i installed the drives. Cant see the headset causing this tho.

Im sort of focussing on why its detailing drive numbers 6-13 when i only have 5. I used diskpart to list drives and check if that matched and all looked fine there.