Question Event 41 issues related to SSD?

Globber

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
Hey Folks,
I have a weird one here. I had an old Crucial m500 240GB SSD that had given me problems in the past. I pulled it out of my old system and stuck it in a drawer somewhere, until I just built my new system on the ASRock X570 Taichi. I got my new system together and running, and gamed all day. Then I powered down and hooked up the old 240GB SSD and went back into my system and set up my formatting. Next day I powered up and was just web browsing and bam, had an event 41 and system randomly rebooted. I went through all the typical areas and checked my connections and powered up again. It happened another 5 time sin an hour. I remembered my old issues with that SSD and disconnected it, and haven't had the event 41 happen again since. Could an electrical short in the SSD be causing my system to random reboot like this? All of the event data in the reader were 0's so it didn't give me much info on the issue. My system specs are listed in my signature, except for my EVGA 1300 G2 PSU. Any thoughts would be awesome!
Thanks!

Globber

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
What was the old problems?

I think you've figured out it's the SSD. It's bad for whatever reason. Probably should have returned it when it was first acting up. I'd look into warranty now.

The old problems were pertaining to data corruption and the volume would randomly deplete. Sometimes it would show the full volume available and other times it would show varying smaller amounts of volume available. I have never used the SSD as an OS drive, but there were instances in the past where I had system instability with the drive hooked up. I really just have never heard of a secondary drive causing random reboots and unstable system performance like that, so I wasn't sure. I got it pretty cheap(probably explains the problems) so I don't even care about the warranty at this point. Just want to make sure the rest of my system is stable. Will add an update if the Event 41 issue persists.

Globber

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
What was the old problems?

I think you've figured out it's the SSD. It's bad for whatever reason. Probably should have returned it when it was first acting up. I'd look into warranty now.

The SSD isn't the issue as I am still having random event 41 instances. Everything was working great until I switched to the x570 taichi. I am really hoping that the Mobo isn't the issue. Anyone else have issues with this motherboard?

Globber

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
It is actually not working. The event 41 reboots are still happening at random. Still have no idea what is causing the issue. Tool the machine apart this morning and am reassembling now to ensure all connections are tight. The reason I am thinking it is the board is because all of my other components were working just fine until I got the new board. Only other issue that I haven't checked is memory, which I will do in a bit.

TRENDING THREADS