Event 41 - "New-ish" PC Build Restarting Every Few Hours

blastbrandon

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017
The PC in question was built about a month ago or 2 for mostly streaming console games to Twitch, don't exactly plan on playing that many PC specific games (if any). If it's any importance, my friend has the same PC built but with no issues.

Anyway, for the most part the PC was working phenomenally for the first month until this past weekend when it started to randomly freeze and restart itself after a few hours of use (OBS/Spotify/Webcam/Yeti Mic), the usual "streaming tools." Sometimes the restart would leave the computer running while the monitor would stay off (no signal) and the other peripherals off as well and would require me to "hard restart" the whole thing.

I finally checked the Event Viewer and noticed that under the "critical" tab that it was mentioning something called "Event 41 - Kernel Power." I'm pretty new to this whole PC thing and thought you fine people here wouldn't mind helping out a newbie figure out what's wrong.

PC Specs:
Motherboard: ASRock A320M Pro4 Micro ATX
Memory (RAM): 16 GB (2x8 GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4-2800
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC 4 GB
SSD: 128 GB ADATA Ultimate SU800
HDD: 1 TB WD Blue 7200RPM
PSU: Corsair CXM 450W

I can provide more information if needed. Thanks a ton for the help! Hopefully, we can fix this issue.

Solution
Typically an Error 41 can be a sign of a bad PSU, but it can also be a sign of a faulty power connector on your MB. Usually after the Error 41 is will say "Kernal Power" if that is the case. If it just says Error 41, then all that means if that the PC shut down unexpectedly.

What power supply did you replace it with?

Bo Lee

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
Typically an Error 41 can be a sign of a bad PSU, but it can also be a sign of a faulty power connector on your MB. Usually after the Error 41 is will say "Kernal Power" if that is the case. If it just says Error 41, then all that means if that the PC shut down unexpectedly.

What power supply did you replace it with?

Solution