Question Event 46 Fatal hardware error has occured: Machine check exception.

tannerdot11

Reputable
Mar 7, 2018
I keep getting this Event 46 Memory component hardware error from source Machine Check Exception. I saw this in Event Viewer.

Game freezes, PC reboot and this errors shows up.

BIOS is on latest update, I don't know what to do here.

Thanks for the help.

tannerdot11

Reputable
Mar 7, 2018
Ram or memory controller is failing
Thank you for replying friend. It could be the RAM. You see, when I used to play GTA V in particular about 3 months ago, the game would always crash and give me a ERR_FIL_PACK_1 error and the fix was changing something in the Page files. However, the same issue after having stopped for a few months has popped back up again. How are you certain it is the RAM failing though?

D

Deleted member 14196

You should set your page file to let windows handle it and don’t do anything custom with it and if you’re still having hardware issues then somethings failing

If it’s page file faults then it’s your drive having issues. You should test your memory and your drives

tannerdot11

Reputable
Mar 7, 2018
You should set your page file to let windows handle it and don’t do anything custom with it and if you’re still having hardware issues then somethings failing

If it’s page file faults then it’s your drive having issues. You should test your memory and your drives
Ok this is good diagnosing. I have changed the Page File back to automatic so if it continues then the issue lies elsewhere ig. I will let you and the thread know if another crash happens after the page file has been changed back to automatic. Thanks so far.

tannerdot11

Reputable
Mar 7, 2018
Another type of crash has happened.

ODULE_NAME: dxgmms2

IMAGE_NAME: dxgmms2.sys

IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.22000.554

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xffff800ab6586ad0 ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 30

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_dxgmms2!VidSchQueryProcessNodeStatistics

TRENDING THREADS