Question Event ID 0 nvlddmkm - On certain games only

Nathan-H

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2013
I recently updated my NVIDIA drivers to the latest ones (528.49) and have found that some games in paticular will just freeze at whatever frame it is on and close the application down. Looking over the even logger I get a generic error of event 0, nvlddmkm. I am really puzzled by the whole thing as it only effects certain games (listed below) Im led to beleive it would be a software issue given my PC works just fine when browsing and playing certain games but I have no idea how to go about rectifying this.

Specs
ASU’s RTX 3070 Ti Strix
MSI Z590 motherboard
Intel i7 processor
Corsair cx750m PSU

Games tested
Rocket league & Apex legends - I can play for around 20-30mins before the issue comes around.
Hogwarts Legacy & CS:GO - These games work perfectly fine and despite hours of playing them I have never come across the issue.

Things I have tried
-Rolling back the NVIDIA drviers (516.94)I used DDU to uninstallany previous drivers then booted up with no internet connection to complete a clean install
-Run the windows memory test which came back with no errors, I also removed and changed the slots on both my sticks of RAM to ensure neither were faulty but the problem still persits when using one stick(tried both) and whatever slot.
-I have tried running games without MSI afterburner (I currently underclock 850,1800) but this causes another issue where my card seems to completley shut off until i restart the whole PC (So I kind of have to use this)

Any help wpuld be greatly appreciated as it seems to be affecting a few people having browsed around and all solutions that have been suggested dont seem to work

Thanks

Nathan-H

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2013
I apear to have now fixed this by completing one of the following not too sure which one precisely:

• I reseated my GPU (I presume because its a rarther chunky card in a small case next to my legs it may have come loose at some point)
  • NVIDIA Control panel updated the following in 3D settings: Power managment normal & Max framerate 144
  • Disabled Low level IO driver and low-level hardware accsess interface in MSI Afterburner
  • Installed and updated the latest windows update
  • Updated all drivers using device manager (One or two maybe updated)