Event ID 41 Power Kernel

MylesK

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Hello! Sorry for a long post but I tried to explain everything I know and have done before people suggest it.

So I've had an error with my computer recently, I can't remember exactly when it started. I'm nearing the route of taking the computer or parts to a shop or where I bought it from to see if they can replace it but before that I'd like to workout the exact part causing the problem.

I've attached a couple screenshots of the windows 10 event viewer for reference. What happens is, my computers screens (2) go black, sometimes my center one will say no signal, my computers fans also increase in rpm usually. I'm forced to shut down the computer because the displays dont come on, nothing works.

When starting my pc back on, within the event viewer, an error appears. Please note, when my screens go black and are unresponsive, I'm not presented with any errors or warnings before or during, only once the system has rebooted and I enter event viewer. The error screenshots are below, Event ID is 41 and I've never had any other critical error besides error 41.

I've never been able to find out what triggers it, sometimes it will happen once a day, sometimes 10 times a day and I could be playing a game or writing a document, it's so random.

My image attachments didnt work for some reason, sorry :/
http://tinypic.com/r/32ziayq/9

The graphics card is a 970 (specs below) and was handed down from my farther. I know it was treated well and not used that often. I ran a GTX 680 in the system before and I cant remember if the error still occurred, I'd assume so. I've also replaced my power supply because I needed another one for another system, so it's running a brand new Corsair RX 650i. When I installed the PSU i obviously swapped all the power supply cables and checked all connections were in properly.

As well as replacing those parts I've tried the following fixes and nothing has worked. Uninstalling and reinstalling graphics/display drivers. Running the computer on integrated graphics from the Intel CPU, I completely removed the GPU obviously. The problem occurred but only once or twice within 4 hours. Windows memory diagnostic tool. Removing all USBs other than keyboard and mouse.

My suspicion is the motherboard which is a real pain because I cannot use the PC while it's sent away. I'm asking if anyone has any ideas as to what I can do to find out which part is causing the issue, as stated I've concluded the power supply and graphics card are fine.

Sorry for the long post, I've just included as much detail as possible.

http://tinypic.com/r/2jcsub5/9

http://tinypic.com/r/29dvakh/9

Specs:
Intel i5 4460 @ 3.2GHz (not overclocked)
8GB Dual Channel DDR3
MSI Z97-G43
GTX 970 EVGA

Custom built!

Solution
List your full system's specs as:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Some troubleshooting tips you can undergo are:
1| Make sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date.
2| Did you use DDU to uninstall your previous drivers before dropping in the GTX970? If not, scrub your drivers with DDU and reinstall using the latest revision of Nvidia's drivers from their site.
3| You may also want to delete the files within your TEMP folder within Windows.

^ One of the issues seen with Windows 10's recent updates is that the fans seem to be at maximum until a reboot occurs.

Lutfij

Titan
List your full system's specs as:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Some troubleshooting tips you can undergo are:
1| Make sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date.
2| Did you use DDU to uninstall your previous drivers before dropping in the GTX970? If not, scrub your drivers with DDU and reinstall using the latest revision of Nvidia's drivers from their site.
3| You may also want to delete the files within your TEMP folder within Windows.

^ One of the issues seen with Windows 10's recent updates is that the fans seem to be at maximum until a reboot occurs.

Solution