Question EVENT ID 41 (TASK 63) ON 6 MONTH OLD PC

Feb 28, 2021
Hi there I'm new here. I have built up an all brand new PC back in August last year. It's only just started happening the past couple of months. I have been getting the event ID 41 which totally shuts power off to the PC. I have literally just bought a brand new 700 Watt PSU last week and I have not had 1 shutdown at all until an hour ago.. Then when I powered the PC back up to check event viewer to find it was that again IT literally shut down on me like 5 mins after! This is becoming very frustrating for me as I have put a lot of money into this and It wont be doing my hardware any good. I am in real need of help, google doesn't seem to give me any straight foward fixes or answers.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MSI GTX 1650
Crucial 16GB Ballistix RGB
TUF B450M Plus Motherboard
Antec VP 700P PSU
Windows 10 - 64 Bit
I also have 6 fans that run normal RGB

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021
Try to get a look at Event Viewer and Reliability History if at all possible.

Shut down, unplug, open the case. Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.
Thanks for the reply. I do give the whole thing a dust down quite regularly as there is a whole lot of circulation going on in it.

So In event viewer this time round, half an hour before the event 41 I got 2 event 1014 DNS client event warnings.

But I never knew of the Reliability History and that tells me there were 6 critical events. 5 of them to do with MOD Ballistix Utility which stopped working and 1 that says "Windows was not properly shut down". 4 of the MOD criticals were earlier on in the day but didn't have any shutdown today until today at 21:01. However there was 1 critical where it stopped working at 21:01.

Could it be the case that the MOD Ballistix Utility is causing this? I do use AURA for the fans and disable the RAM being used by AURA as I like the MOD Ballistix configuration better if that makes sense.

I have just checked the other days where I had critical events and it seems to be the MOD Ballistix Utility every time

Ralston18

Titan
If MOD Ballistix Utillity originally was working then it may have been corrupted and/or some buggy update occurred.

Or another app or utility changed and created a conflict.

I would start by uninstalling MOD Ballistix Utility completely and go without for a few days to determine if the problems end or some other error becomes predominant.

Then manually download MOD Ballistix Utility. Reinstall and determine if the utility works (no system problems) with the default configuration settings.

Again, allow some time to ensure that all is well.

If no problems then proceed to setting your own configuration settings as applicable and possible.

Do the above methodically and continue to monitor Reliability History.

Feb 28, 2021
If MOD Ballistix Utillity originally was working then it may have been corrupted and/or some buggy update occurred.

Or another app or utility changed and created a conflict.

I would start by uninstalling MOD Ballistix Utility completely and go without for a few days to determine if the problems end or some other error becomes predominant.

Then manually download MOD Ballistix Utility. Reinstall and determine if the utility works (no system problems) with the default configuration settings.

Again, allow some time to ensure that all is well.

If no problems then proceed to setting your own configuration settings as applicable and possible.

Do the above methodically and continue to monitor Reliability History.

Thankyou very much, I have just removed it and I will continue to see if anything else happens. I genuinely think it's the two RGB Utilities working against each other and making the MOD Ballistix stop working or corrupted it. I have AURA working for my fans and it is also enabled for use in the BIOS.

I will keep a close eye on the Reliability History. Thanks for letting me know about that (y) it looks to be a lot more handier than just the event viewer.