Event ID: 5719

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

I get event 5719 Netlogon problems in an NT server 4 SP6. The description is "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request" When this happens, the server is not responding to ping requests and it has problems finding any other computers. All of a sudden it is back on the network responding to ping and finding any other computer in the network. It used to be very intermittent but lately it is happening more often. I have no problems with the other servers finding the PDC and have tried inputting the PDC settings in the lmhosts file so that they are loaded at boot up but still it does not work. Any ideas?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

This behavior can occur when your server is connected to a switch that has
the spanning tree 'portfast' setting disabled.

Server Logs Netlogon Event 5719 When Starting check this link which could
be of help to you

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247922

Kutts (Kuttappa K A)

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.