Event viewer is full of warnings and errors (hundreds every day)

Leomada

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Hi, my computer has been having a lot of problems for the past year. It constantly freezes, gets different BSOD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL; BAD_POOL_HEADER; for example) and i have tried a lot of things to solve the problems, but they keep happening. So, the event viewer is full of warnings and errors everyday (something like 150 per day).

I know it sounds like a lot of trouble, but if someone could help me just a little bit, i would be very grateful.

Thank you very much,
Bernardo Patrão

Leomada

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
No, i haven´t. I am trying to download memtest86 right now, but it says i have to boot it into a cd? I don´t have any clean CD's to use, and i have no idea how to use memtest (seems pretty complicated). How should i do this?

Thank you

You could also download the USB version, whichever you choose it's actually really simple, once you have your boot disc (or usb drive) ready, you just restart your pc, choose to boot from the proper media, and then let memtest to test your RAM, let it finish the test (some ppl suggest to let it do it twice) and then you simply stop it and restart your pc from normal HDD.

The only "complicated" part about this is how to create the USB bootable device (you'll see is not complicated at all), but that's covered in the guide you'll find in the memtest USB boot section.

Any specific error on those logs? maybe they point to a driver or some specific hardware.

If not, let's keep testing the other components on your PC, use Prime95 to test the CPU (at least 2-4 hours), furmark to test the GPU (unlikely but if CPU passes with no problems there could be some 2d related issues).

While doing each test, monitor your PC temps and PSU voltages with HWMonitor or AIDA64.

Leomada

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Ok, i will do all those tests.

In the event viewer the most common errors i find are:
- One called LoadPerf (happened 104 times in the last 7 days)
- "Search" (51 times on the last 7 days)
- Nvstor32 (happened 290 times total, but none on the last 7 days)

All these errors are "Application" registries, except for nvstor32, which is a "System" registry.
I'm really not sure if this helps, as i am a bit ignorant on these matters.

Thank you