Event viewer missing system logs?

essbeemorton

Honorable
Dec 27, 2014
I know this is a very specific question, but I don't know who else to turn to. I was using my computer until around 12:30 PM today when I left for school. I left my computer powered on. When I got back around 4 PM, my computer was turned off. I started it up, and found that Steam had been uninstalled, along with around half of my Steam library. I know this kind of thing can't happen without human intervention. I live with a person who is a literal sociopath so I suspected that he had maliciously uninstalled Steam knowing that it would also delete my games. However, I checked the system logs in the event viewer and there is no history between 12:33 PM and 4:19 PM, when I powered on the PC. The last few logs leading up to when I left for school were Windows update client activities and access history in a hive being cleared at 12:33 PM. From some research, the access history event seems normal and I have many of those kinds of events anyway. I know the log won't be able to give specific information about what was done during a certain time frame, but shouldn't the shut down at least have been logged? There is nothing. After a bit more research, it also seems like you can't delete individual events without clearing the entire log. What gives? I would really like to be able to confirm someone was using my computer after I left.