Ever heard of these guy's

Any one heard of evga or own one of there card's????

D.Ford wrote:
> Any one heard of evga or own one of there card's????

I had a GeForce2MX w/twinview and a PCI GF2MX back in the day. Using a 5900
flashed to 5950 now. All eVGA cards mentioned. Very happy with them.

D.Ford wrote:
> Any one heard of evga or own one of there card's????

I've purchased dozens for customers and half a dozen for myself. I was
very, very impressed with them until I had an RMA. Their RMA policy is
impossible, and they were unbearably rude in email and on the phone about
it.

If your card ever dies, it only has a 1 year (from date of manufacture not
date of purchase) warranty. If you can get them to let you fill out an RMA
form (took me three weeks of hassling with them just to get them to allow me
to go to the web page with the form), be aware that 1) you will need
origional packaging, origional receipt, and origional software and
accessoreis (they won't allow you to just RMA the dead board). 2) You will
need to supply them with further purchase info if you used a credit card (no
matter where you bought it) 3) They will require you to pay shipping
*both* ways (this is almost unheard of and it is rude... industry standard
is to require customer to pay shipping of the dead part but not to receive
the replacement - and they will not accept any other payment for sending the
replacement than a credit card) - total B.S. Their tech support kid is
all of probably 17 years old and his name is Mike. His daddy must own the
company because he is an absolute rude little prick and he doesn't give a
damn whether or not he cusses at or insults customers.

RMA through eVga was the worst experience I've ever had with any company
*ever*. And I do mean *ever* - bar none. Their policies are not at all
consumer friendly and their staff will do everything in their power to make
it easier to just throw the card away rather than RMA it. They are
horrible.

I will say that I've only had one die. The cards have been stable (though
they use cheap fans and it is likely you may have to replace a fan now and
again... but so do most of the other nVidia partners), but not as fast as
Leadtek or Gainward. When I was writing comparrison reviews, I found them
always to be just a little (~4%) behind the Leadtek and Gainward and I found
both those companies to usually offer better bundles than eVga. I never
really minded a ~4% difference because it really is no big deal and most
benchmarks have up to a ~5% flex anyway (meaning you could get up to a 5%
difference running the same test on the same system twice).

If you are buying a card, I really suggest you consider Leadtek, MSI, or
Gainward before you risk your investment on the possibility that a company
like eVga might screw you on the RMA if the card fails.