arpa

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
Hello. Two years ago I purchased an Everex Stepnote desktop XT1500 desktop replacement system. About two months ago, the dedicated GeForce 7600go video card malfunctioned. Although the system was no longer under warranty, when I contacted Everex they indicated that it was a known issue which they would service free of charge. They sent me an RMA and I mailed the system to them. They received it, and had started to work on it by April 6th. Well last week I called their 800 # to check on the status of the repair and their number automatically disconnects me. Every other number I have found for their company has done the same, with the exception of their Fremont, CA number, which sends me to an automated answering service. After selecting the proper department, the line rings three times and then the system indicates "no one is answering, please try again later." I'm taking this to mean that Everex is no longer doing business, in which case my laptop is trapped in CA. I'm curious whether anyone knows of any news regarding the company. I've tried contacting the local chapter of the San Francisco Bay Better Business Bureau chapter, without any success there either. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

enieves137

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Everex left the US and headed back to Taiwan. FIC is the company who put Everex together; I believe it was a division of FIC. I did the same thing you did with a NC1510 laptop but they were helpful and fix my laptop with new motherboard. A day after I got my laptop back they sent an email saying they are closing there California repair shop. Well I also had XT5000T laptop to repair, stuck with broken laptop. By chance I did a reply to an email I received from FIC and the person helped me out with information on how to repair my XT5000T. I had to do the grunt work but after finding the part I had a friend replace the part and got lucky again. FIC is responding to emails, you'll have to find the right person to get. I suggest being real nice, knowing what your going through that would be tough. Hope this helps.