Question Every 5-10 seconds my WiFi will stop working even though it says it's connected.

Apr 6, 2020
Every 5-10 seconds, my WiFi will stop working for about 3 seconds, even though it says it's connected. After those 3 or so seconds, the WiFi will resume to normal. (I am wireless, I do not have an ethernet cable.)
This is affecting my games too. I will play on about 10-25 ping then it will spike up to 500 and not allow me to move in game for a couple seconds.
I am unsure if this is a router issue. However, I have three other MacBooks along with phones in the same room that are perfectly fine and do not have this issue. This is my only PC and it is the only one with this issue.

I have tried:- Troubleshooting my Network and Internet settings.
  • Installing different wireless network drivers that are compatible with my windows system.
  • After installing different wireless network drivers which didn't work, I did a network reset.
  • I have turned off parts of power management that so called limit wifi usage.
  • I switched to the 5ghz network.
  • I reset my wifi routers SO many times.
  • I have even reset my PC to it's default factory settings with NO files saved to see if it would work.
  • I have done all the CMDs that flush dns, release IP, etc.. (If you would like to know I can provide it)
All info:
- My wifi will drop to an upload and download speed of 0mb/sec for about 2-3 seconds. It will then return to normal and stay normal for about 10 seconds before repeating.

Apr 6, 2020
I know you said you don't have wired, but if you can try a wired connection and see if you have the same issue it will help determine if this is a networking or computer issue.
Hello! So I decided to try and use the ethernet cable. Before I connected, I decided to try pinging the router one more time. By doing this, I determined that about every 10 pings at around 10ms, it would spike up to 3000ms. Then I plugged the ethernet cable in. I did the same test again and I have <1ms every time.
What kind of problem is this now? Is it the ISP's problem or is it my hardwares problem?

Thanks,

TRENDING THREADS