Question Every computer in the network randomly disconnects from internet and WiFi all at the same time ?

bensonixx

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2016
Hi. I've been having this problem for a while now. I have no idea why is this happening. What's weird is that this only happens with all the PCs in the network. All other devices such as cellphones are not affected. It takes like 5 - 10 mins for the PCs to connect to the internet again.

All of the PCs have the TP-link TL-WN881ND PCI network card. I dont know if this is a known issue with the wifi adapter but why it's happening all at the same time. It's like all of the PC gets blocked from the network randomly.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi. I've been having this problem for a while now. I have no idea why is this happening. What's weird is that this only happens with all the PCs in the network. All other devices such as cellphones are not affected. It takes like 5 - 10 mins for the PCs to connect to the internet again.

All of the PCs have the TP-link TL-WN881ND PCI network card. I dont know if this is a known issue with the wifi adapter but why it's happening all at the same time. It's like all of the PC gets blocked from the network randomly.
The common factor is the router and modem. Are you SURE the phones just don't fail over to cellular? But lets assume they don't.
That TP-Link card is a 2.4Ghz ONLY card. Your phones could be using 5Ghz WIFI which doesn't fail and the PCs are using 2.4Ghz. That could still be the router.
What router do you have? Have you looked at any logs the router might have saved internally ?