Every demanding game crashes to desktop with no error when trying to start the game.

frepbh

Reputable
Dec 16, 2018
Hello,

About two days ago, basically out of nowhere, every "demanding" game I tried to play crashed after launching it, and it's still present today.
The games I've tested so far are Battlefield V, Farcry 5, Rocket League and Hitman 2, all let me browse the main menu, but as soon as I press play and they start to load, they crash almost instantly. Although Rocket League worked fine interestingly enough, it's definitely far from as demanding as the other listed though.
I've tried everything I can think of. Such as resetting the overclock on my RAM and CPU. I also tried disabling memory compression, virtual memory and downloading an older graphics driver to no avail. I even tried another graphics card.

I monitored my pc while playing both with task manager and MSI Afterburner, but nothing looked out of the ordinary

So I honestly have no idea what this issue is caused by, although the only thing I can think of is either something to do with windows or else I might have missed something.

Specs:
I7 8700K (set to 5GHz)
RTX 2080
16GB DDR4 3466MHz (set to XMP 3200MHz)
Corsair HX1000i 1000 Watt (much much more than enough)
Windows 10 Pro version 1803

frepbh

Reputable
Dec 16, 2018

I just ran a standard test with Windows own memory diagnostics tool, no errors though.

frepbh

Reputable
Dec 16, 2018
Alright, so I tried to reset the CMOS. That helped a little bit, with Hitman 2 now being playable. Battlefield 5 still didn’t work though, and I didn’t try Farcry.

After that I went in and tried overclocking my system again. This surprisingly helped. Hitman 2 is still playable, I was able to play Battlefield V for 30 seconds, and Farcry 5 for about 5 seconds, before they crashed.

This is incredibly weird imo. I haven’t experienced anything like this before.

I should add this build is only around 4 months old, and the graphics card is around 1 week old.

frepbh

Reputable
Dec 16, 2018

Didn't work sadly. This time it was arguably worse. Since FarCry 5 just black screened, and I had to restart.