[SOLVED] Every driver is not working or causing errors

DarqFX

Reputable
Jan 7, 2017
Context: i switched from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro and used a legit key and it installed.

Now... nothing works at ALL. Firstly my mobo is using integrated graphics and it cannot detect my gpu, secondly my ethernic cable is apparently not working because the internet connection just has a red cross in the bottom right of my screen; next, i cannot fully recover my pc, it just says there’s an error. Nvidia drivers will not install, the pc sometimes even just straight up freezes. I tried changes my integrated graphics but i go into “integrated graphics options” and there’s nothing... literally no options at all, just blank. So basically i have no internet connection now so i cant even download anything to help the pc. Also will add that in device manager it says theres a few “pci error” devices, and some “unknown devices” so essentially my pc has forgotten all of its parts or something.... PLEASE HELP

Solution
I've since fixed this issue so for anyone who might need it: you need to boot up and update windows, this was only possible because i found a wireless adapter in an old cupboard, so my solution is to maybe rent or borrow someones wireless adapter and then immediately update windows. It seems in my case it wouldnt let me install these drivers manually, as i did try using a usb and my other computer, you HAVE to let windows do it. Thanks for the help.
You might want to try and install/update all drivers, but you need another PC with good internet to download what I use on daily basis in my PC repair shop - Driver Pack

Or download network/LAN driver from motherboard manufacturer support site for you MB model. If your network driver installs OK and LAN works, then you'll be able to download and install everything

I know it's hard to believe, but Microsoft is really not in the business of sabotaging our computers. So Windows should operate well even if you had a 'bad' licence...it would just refuse to activate and give you warnings.

First thing is get the most recent copy of your motherboard chipset drivers from a computer that has LAN access. Then, install the LAN drivers. If you get that much, maybe allowing Windows Update to do it's thing will fix up the rest. If not you might need to do a Repair Install with In Place Upgrade...

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Tells you everything how to do it. You will need access to an operating PC with internet access, of course, to set up the Windows10Pro installation media on a USB stick.

Also take this to a Windows forum, not a hardware forum, and you might get more and better suggestions.

Worse case of course is to do a clean install:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html

DarqFX

Reputable
Jan 7, 2017
I know it's hard to believe, but Microsoft is really not in the business of sabotaging our computers. So Windows should operate well even if you had a 'bad' licence...it would just refuse to activate and give you warnings.

First thing is get the most recent copy of your motherboard chipset drivers from a computer that has LAN access. Then, install the LAN drivers. If you get that much, maybe allowing Windows Update to do it's thing will fix up the rest. If not you might need to do a Repair Install with In Place Upgrade...

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Tells you everything how to do it. You will need access to an operating PC with internet access, of course, to set up the Windows10Pro installation media on a USB stick.

Also take this to a Windows forum, not a hardware forum, and you might get more and better suggestions.

Worse case of course is to do a clean install:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html
ive tried using a usb to install the chipset drivers and then lan, but it still doesnt result in anything. my gpu is still not in device manager and neither is my network adapter

DarqFX

Reputable
Jan 7, 2017
I've since fixed this issue so for anyone who might need it: you need to boot up and update windows, this was only possible because i found a wireless adapter in an old cupboard, so my solution is to maybe rent or borrow someones wireless adapter and then immediately update windows. It seems in my case it wouldnt let me install these drivers manually, as i did try using a usb and my other computer, you HAVE to let windows do it. Thanks for the help.

Solution