Every Game Crashes Randomly Software Issue (Potentially)

Apr 28, 2018
Issue: After about 1-2 hours almost every game crashes, sometimes quicker if it is a more demanding game. Crashing may even happen a few minutes after launching a game of Fortnite. Games like Warframe tend to crash less. Chrome and any other app never crashes only games. My PC also runs completely fine aside from the crashes.

PC: GTX 1060 6 GB
i5-8600 (not k) CPU
B360M Mortar Motherboard
16 GB of DDR4 RAM
500 WATT Power Supply

What I've tried: My computer has recently upgraded to a less power demanding CPU, and the issue has carried over. My GPU is up to date, but I haven't reinstalled. Messing with power options and BIOS.

My Thoughts: It's most definitely Windows 10, overheating (I did a test and GPU min was 77 and max was 81 :p) or some assort of malware/virus (but I doubt it's malware or a virus)

Solution
make sure the bios of the mb is up to date. download hardware info set it to logging and sensor. see if your 12v rail is holding. if it ot the power supply it may be vrm heat or load issue. try taking the side panel off and blow some air on the mb.
make sure the bios of the mb is up to date. download hardware info set it to logging and sensor. see if your 12v rail is holding. if it ot the power supply it may be vrm heat or load issue. try taking the side panel off and blow some air on the mb.

Solution