Every game crashes

panosmentz

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017
I recently built a new pc and everything is great until i open up a game. Every single game crashes for me. In some games i get 1-2 second black screen and in others the game seems to not be responding with no crashing reports or anything.

Specs :
cpu: AMD RYZEN 5 1600
gpu: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti SSC ACX3.0
mobo: Asrock AB350 Pro 4
2x4 Corsair LPX 3000Mhz
Corsair CX650M
Running windows 10
Things i've tried:
1)Clean uninstalling latest drivers, installing older version, clean uninstalling older version, installing latest version. This did nothing.
2) Different monitors with different cables, still nothing.
3)Downclocked the gpu at 70% Power target, this made things a little smoother but still same outcome: crash
4)Tried overclocking RAM @3000Mhz,did nothing
5)Installed latest BIOS, did nothing
Any input is much appreciated!

Solution

I need to ask, are you running a legit copy of windows? Because issues like this can arise from a non legit one.

If you are I would run memtest86 and see if your memory is good. lets start there.

Try and run FURMARK or Valley Benchmark.

panosmentz

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017
I ran Heaven Benchmark and everything was perfect,temperature and fps. No black screens no lag no crash. I guess its Windows related, registry or dll missing file wise. Will report later.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Green labeled CXM units haven't been sold regularly for over a year. The CXM is a good budget PSU, 650w is way more than he needs and in fact even if he had one of the old "bad" ones it would have worked fine with this setup.

In this case theres many things that could be causing it, the PSU is one of the last I would suspect.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

I need to ask, are you running a legit copy of windows? Because issues like this can arise from a non legit one.

If you are I would run memtest86 and see if your memory is good. lets start there.

Solution

Yeah it has to be an activated or issues will happen.

Points to a software issue though I think.

Made it through Heaven without crashing.

haroon453

Honorable
May 1, 2013
MERGED QUESTION
Question from panosmentz : "New PC Build ALL games crashing"

Have you tired updating Direct X? Also post some error screenshots.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from vlasism : "My new pc freezes, Loses signal and screen goes black when i play games"