Motherboard: Biostar B350ET2
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 960 2G
RAM: Ballistix 8GB DDR4-2400
PSU: Thermaltake TR-2 700W
Sandisk SSD 128GB
Western Digital HDD 1TB

My problem
Since like half a year my PC/games kept crashing more and more.
It began with Fortnite crashing sometimes, but nothing annoying.
After some time it crashed even more.
I tried clocking the core clocks and the memory clocks down but that only helped for some time.
I maybe thought that my GPU wasn't getting enough power, so I bought a new PSU recently because the crashes got worse and spread to other games too.
I then used GPU-Z because I thought the issue would be displayed there and the whole time the PerfCap thing says: VRel, so the voltage is too low. I tried OC'ing the VOltage and even underclock the GPU even more with no success.
In most games windows or the games themselves say that the Card has been deactived after crashing or in Destiny the error message is that the card is disconnected.
Sometimes it works when I only use one monitor.
At the moment every game except minecraft and 2d games like Hacknet crash.
Before buying a new GPU I wanted to try and post a question here.
So if you maybe have an idea why I keep getting crashes please answer.

Thank you in advance

Solution
I would say that much of your problem is that you only have 8GB of RAM. The next problem is that your graphics card is limited to only 2GB of VRAM.

Try reseating the graphics card and RAM. Remove the RAM stick one at a time, clean the contacts, clean the contacts, blow out the dimm slot, firmly reinstall the stick, and repeat for remaining memory. Follow the same procedure for the graphics card. Be sure that the PCIE power cable is firmly connected to the graphics card.
I would say that much of your problem is that you only have 8GB of RAM. The next problem is that your graphics card is limited to only 2GB of VRAM.

Try reseating the graphics card and RAM. Remove the RAM stick one at a time, clean the contacts, clean the contacts, blow out the dimm slot, firmly reinstall the stick, and repeat for remaining memory. Follow the same procedure for the graphics card. Be sure that the PCIE power cable is firmly connected to the graphics card.

Solution
With only 8 GB of RAM, I would suggest increasing the Virtual Memory. Search Windows for "performance", and then select "Adjust Windows Appearance and Performance". Then select the Advanced tab, and then select the Change Virtual Memory button. Next select the system drive and the Custom option. I would suggest setting Initial to 10,000 MB and Maximum to 15,000 MB. You can do the same for other drives if you have them.

That should help some with the memory.

TheCrether

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017

I tried reseating the GPU multiple times and like I said switched the Power Supply. I also already tried reseating the RAM once, but I'm going to try the Virtual Memory thing and you'll get a reply if it worked and I will also try reseating the RAM again.

TRENDING THREADS