rcheulishvil

Reputable
Jan 25, 2019
My system:
I5 9400f
24 gigs of RAM 2400mhz
gtx 1080ti
Samsung SSD 860

Games like CS:GO and Forza 4 have this tiny-tiny stutters.

I even enabled gpu monitor Forza offers and it shows that gpu usage doesn't even go up to 60%. So it's clearly no gpu problem. I had micro stutter even with fall guys.

And on this very system I'm playing Division 2 on ultra settings and there can be 20 bosses on the screen all exploding and no fps drop. Every modern and old games run very smoothly on my system.

I contacted steam but they said we don't know :| There must be something wrong with how steam launches this games. Because games from ubiconnect and epic games have zero problem.

Has anyone encountered this problem? is there a fix?

I reinstalled windows, reinstalled steam, reinstalled games - no use.

And it doesn't matter if I set graphic settings on medium, low, high. micro stutter won't go away, and won't even change.

rcheulishvil

Reputable
Jan 25, 2019
60% GPU usage = CPU-limited performance

You can't assume that CS:GO = Forza4 = Division 2. Different games stress systems in different ways.

What monitor do you have?

I have philips monitor, 75hz with g-sync.

I tried lowering fps from nvidia settings to 70, 60, doesn't matter, even on 38 fps it still stutters at times.

rcheulishvil

Reputable
Jan 25, 2019
Did you manually enable GSync?
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-freesync-display-nvidia-gpu

Your monitor (probably, since you didn't give the exact model #) has a refresh range of 48-75Hz and no LFC. So if framerates drop below 48Hz, you're gonna get stutters. Don't limit your FPS to less than 75FPS.

I think this is the exact model
246E9QDSB/27

No, fps doesn't go below 48, whatever standard I set, it drops by 5fps. If I set it to 75, it drops to 73-70.
If I set it to 70, then it drops to 68-65.

I ran task manager and noticed that when the game is on, cpu usage goes to 100%

i5 9400f should be more than enough for this game, right? Now I think it's the cpu. Recommended cpu is i7-3820, I think my i5 should be on par with it. :/

Like I said (and you verified with CPU usage at 100%), your FPS is CPU-limited. Since the 9400F isn't overclockable, there's nothing to do on that front.

Now it's just a matter of making sure your CPU is performing to it's greatest potential:
  • make sure your CPU frequency is as expected
  • that you haven't disabled any CPU cores.
  • make sure you don't have any programs that are sucking CPU resources in the background while gaming.

rcheulishvil

Reputable
Jan 25, 2019
Like I said (and you verified with CPU usage at 100%), your FPS is CPU-limited. Since the 9400F isn't overclockable, there's nothing to do on that front.

Now it's just a matter of making sure your CPU is performing to it's greatest potential:
  • make sure your CPU frequency is as expected
  • that you haven't disabled any CPU cores.
  • make sure you don't have any programs that are sucking CPU resources in the background while gaming.

yeah, but what about cs:go? Or the fall guys? They aren't at 100% usage. Is there a way to mess around how steam launches the games?