Question Every game on my PC is stuttering

Apr 17, 2023
Every game I play stutters for me, my windows install is fresh.
My PC is very new, I only finished it 2 months ago, ever since the start everything has been stuttering for me?
From time to time League of Legends is stable, without any stuttering, but even League sometimes stutters.

MOBO: ASUSTeK M5A87
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1660 SUPER
CPU: AMD FX-8320
PSU: FALCON -FLC 600L
SSD: Z3 Geil GZ25Z3

JaAntonio

Honorable
BANNED
Nov 13, 2019
Hello!
Your system its kinda old, even if its build receantly. The most new component may be the gtx 1660 super, but the fx is from 2012. What resolution are you using and what games you experiment stutter? As a league player with a R7 5800X3d and a 2080ti i could say the game stutter once or twice per game, seems something more of the game or windows apps running in background than a hardware issue. The stutter can be PSU problem due to the low quality unit, how old it is?

Apr 17, 2023
Hello!
Your system its kinda old, even if its build receantly. The most new component may be the gtx 1660 super, but the fx is from 2012. What resolution are you using and what games you experiment stutter? As a league player with a R7 5800X3d and a 2080ti i could say the game stutter once or twice per game, seems something more of the game or windows apps running in background than a hardware issue. The stutter can be PSU problem due to the low quality unit, how old it is?
I bought the PSU new ,2 months ago,ah well so is this due to the old CPU?

Apr 17, 2023
20 gb RAM

(1x Hyper X Black HX316C10FB/8,2x HyperX Blue HX318C10FB/8,KHX16C9B1B)

Fortnite,Mordhau,GTA 5 etc,PUBG

Windows 10

bignastyid

Titan
Well the PSU is garbage. while it may or may not be the current problem it should be replaced with a better unit asap.
Another possible issue is the motherboard. Its power deliver is on the week side for a 125w cpu so it could be power throttling the cpu and causing performance issues. Have you monitored cpu and gpu clock speeds when gaming?

Apr 17, 2023
Well the PSU is garbage. while it may or may not be the current problem it should be replaced with a better unit asap.
Another possible issue is the motherboard. Its power deliver is on the week side for a 125w cpu so it could be power throttling the cpu and causing performance issues. Have you monitored cpu and gpu clock speeds when gaming?
I haven't,how would I go about doing that?

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
OP

League of Legends is not a very demanding game. Even if the cpu is weak, an FX 8320 should not be stuttering. Your 1660 Super is more than enough. I know, because low budget gaming computer shops here in my country can run that game, even with just a GTX 460 or a GTX 750ti.

there might be something else in your pc that's causing the stutters.

is your windows fully updated to the latest drivers?
is your 1660 Super using the latest drivers from Nvidia?

______

here's a videos with same cpu as yours, and a much weaker gpu than what you have.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3qzVsm30zA

Last edited: