Every game run above 60fps but feels choppy

blocikinio

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
Hi,
first of all i'm not native english speaker so I can make a lot of mistakes. I've got a little problem here because if i play any game my PC can handle above 60 fps easily. The thing is that even if i got 400 fps, 300fps, 200fps, or even exactly 60fps i feel that the game is choppy, microstuttering? There is of course a few games in which there is no problem.

For example if I play league of legends without capped fps the game is choppy. If I cap the game on for example 144 fps i still feeling choppy. If I cap the game on 60fps same. The only thing that can make the chopping gone is "v-sync". If I enable that option the game feels pretty fantastic.
Same in H1Z1. If I cap the fps at 60 game feels choppy but if i enable v-sync game feels awesome.
Diablo 3 is the only exception beacuse there is no way to play smooth. On every setting the game feels choppy.

There is my configuration:
i5-6600k @4,4 GHz vcore offset min 1.056V - max 1.328v avg. 1.268v MAX TEMP 64
Gtx 1070 armored OC - didn't touch any setting here. everything is on default beside 2 nVidia control panel options and bios( up to date)
ASrock Gaming K4 - default settings
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4, 2x8GB, 3200MHz, CL16 @ 3200 but no XMP profile. If I run xmp profile then I cannot run the PC. Bsod. Just used Ram tweaker which is included in asrock bios to copy XMP profile to default.
Monitor - AOC e2270w
Windows 10 Pro - Student version - up to date.

Things I did:
1. Every driver is up to date.
2. Tried to remove geforce experience. No differnce.
3. Found that GameGuard causing vram leaks.
4. Testing games with MSI afterburner - no problems, drops in graphs.
5. Fresh windows 10 installation.

Things i want to do:
1. Return ram profile to default.
2. Change to static vcore instead of offset.

I do not know what to do.

iPanda

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
What is your monitor set to? I connect my pc to a monitor and a tv and sometimes it will decide to change my 1080p@100hz monitor, back to 1080p@60hz to match the TV without explicitly prompting me it did that (just shows the regular multi-monitor prompt on nvidia control panel).

So if your monitor has any extra settings or refresh rate is different, maybe it is that. Some monitors have blur reduction technologies and stuff like that, so that can probably cause some issues if not lined up correctly.