Question Every game stutters on new build?

Jul 28, 2020
So I have an issue with my new build. Pretty much every game stutters. I have some MSI After Burner logs to see if any light. Can be shined on this issue. Some are shorter benchmarks. As I closed them after a few stutters.

EVGA RTX 2070 S XC
RYZEN 2700X Stock Cooler
Asus Prime X470 Pro
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHZ
PSU Corsair RM850X

MSI AFTER BURNER LOG
https://we.tl/t-lSWRqJi51R

In order!

1. Dying Light
2. Skip This Log
3. Skip This Log

4. GTA 5
Six. Trove
Seven. Destiny 2

Last edited:
Well, you don't HAVE to do it that way, but the monitoring logs should save as a html file, which can be viewed in any browser. You can also save benchmarks as a txt file, which are readable in Notepad. Or even just post a short video with your monitoring metrics set to show on screen. The later is the best, because it visually proves how much stutter there is.

Jul 28, 2020
Well, you don't HAVE to do it that way, but the monitoring logs should save as a html file, which can be viewed in any browser. You can also save benchmarks as a txt file, which are readable in Notepad. Or even just post a short video with your monitoring metrics set to show on screen. The later is the best, because it visually proves how much stutter there is.

https://pastebin.com/7TW31Gf2

I try avoid using any recording. To avoid any FPS loss ETC.

https://pastebin.com/7TW31Gf2

I try avoid using any recording. To avoid any FPS loss ETC.
There's literally zero performance loss if you use ShadowPlay Instant Replay, which caches the gameplay constantly and only saves it when you press the Instant Replay save hotkey. Basically just pause, hit the save key, and it will encode up to 20 min worth of the previously cached gameplay using the H.264 architecture built in to your GPU. It would work plenty well enough for a brief demonstration video. The only thing you need to be aware of on regular non demo gameplay videos is you need to stay paused until the file is completely saved. Otherwise the next segment that's cached (if you choose to after another 20 min save that), will start out very choppy due to trying to cache a segment while saving.

I use this process on even the most demanding games like Ghost Recon Wildlands with a weaker GPU than you have (1080 SC), and never suffer performance loss while playing, because you're not actually capturing while playing.

Jul 28, 2020
There's literally zero performance loss if you use ShadowPlay Instant Replay, which caches the gameplay constantly and only saves it when you press the Instant Replay save hotkey. Basically just pause, hit the save key, and it will encode up to 20 min worth of the previously cached gameplay using the H.264 architecture built in to your GPU. It would work plenty well enough for a brief demonstration video. The only thing you need to be aware of on regular non demo gameplay videos is you need to stay paused until the file is completely saved. Otherwise the next segment that's cached (if you choose to after another 20 min save that), will start out very choppy due to trying to cache a segment while saving.

I use this process on even the most demanding games like Ghost Recon Wildlands with a weaker GPU than you have (1080 SC), and never suffer performance loss while playing, because you're not actually capturing while playing.

Hm indeed. Appreciate the tip I'll record some game play. Recently used DDU as I read. Swapping cards can cause hiccups. I did swap about 3 others before this one. Just working up the chain. No clue that would be caused from that. But it's all in the learning process. I'll post a video when morning hits. As for DDU the affect is very visible. Games have higher FPS and load quicker. But that's just GTA V and Destiny 2. Bright Memory and Dying Light are the main culprits.

Jul 28, 2020

https://pastebin.com/T7tLbXfi

https://streamable.com/jhsavq

^Video^ Does not go with log. It did not start recording the log for a second.

Stutter still occurs got some more info though.